Instructions on How to Join Your Pre-recorded with Live Q&A Session
Thank you for your interest and participation in the 14th Ecocity World Summit.
Please find below important information concerning joining a Pre-recorded Session with LIVE Q&A.
If you wish to review your already recorded presentation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, that NO changes to the already recorded videos can be made.
TO WHOM DOES IT APPLY?
- All speakers and moderators in Academic sessions on 23 & 24 February 2022 (Wednesday & Thursday).
Please refer to the interactive programme for more details on your session.
STRUCTURE OF PRE-RECORDED SESSIONS WITH LIVE Q&A
The pre-recorded sessions with LIVE Q&A have the following structure.
- The pre-recorded video lectures will be presented to the attendees of the Summit.
- After all recordings have been played, the speakers will be cued to start the LIVE Q&A discussion.
- The moderator and the speakers will go LIVE with their cameras turned on and will answer questions from the audience which will be submitted via the Q&A chat in the session.
LIVE Q&A AND MODERATION
- The audience will be able to ask questions to the speakers via chat whilst they view the lectures.
- Once the technician gives a sign that you are LIVE, the moderator will welcome the Q&A panel and can prompt the audience to submit further questions.
- The role of the moderator will be to follow the question from the audience via the chat and to address them to the speakers. If there are only a few questions, the moderator should initiate and advance a discussion with the speakers.
- The speakers should keep their microphones off unless they were asked a question or a discussion has been initiated. The speaker that the question was addressed to, has to turn on their microphone and answer.
- Moderators are kindly requested to ensure to end the Q&A on time. Should the session run over time, unfortunately, we will need to stop the session.
HOW TO JOIN FOR THE LIVE Q&A?
- A calendar invitation with a zoom link to join your session will be sent to you via email a few days before the Summit.
- Please make sure to add the invitation to your calendar and to join the link 30 minutes before the official start of the session for a final technical check.
- Please write your Full Name when entering the link.
- Make sure you are only connected to this zoom link and not to anything else so as not to cause interruptions.
- Note the LIVE Q&A may not start exactly on time due to variations in the length of the presentations.
- There will be a technician in the virtual room with you to assist and to guide you if you have queries.
- For further details, please check our technical guidelines HERE.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE SESSION?
Ahead of the Live session please arrange to have:
- An external microphone connected to your computer. Alternatively, you can use the internal microphone of your laptop/computer.
- A computer with a functional webcam (the laptop internal webcam will work).
- A quiet and uniform background. Avoid using artificial background features.
- Stable internet connection. We recommend using wired internet if possible. If you use WiFi please make sure that you sit near the WiFi router. 4G cellular internet should not be used.
WHAT IF I CAN NOT JOIN THE LIVE Q&A?
If you have pre-recorded your presentation, but will not be able to join for the LIVE Q&A, please notify us as soon as possible at email@example.com.
PUBLICATION CONSENT FORM
In order to allow the recording and subsequent broadcast and distribution of your presentation(s), you are required to sign the Recording and Publication Consent Form, found online in your speaker profile area. Signing this form is MANDATORY for both speakers and moderators who wish to participate and present at the Summit. You should have received emails from the Ecocity Secretariat with access to your profile on 19 and 26 January 2022. Please refer to those or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that your presentation will be accessible from the virtual platform during and 3 months after the Summit, to all participants of the online event.