Instructions for pre-recording
Recording deadline – Saturday, 5 February 2022*
*All speakers who have been selected for pre-recording and have not booked and finished their recording by the deadline will be removed from the programme.
THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE RELEVANT FOR:
- All speakers in Pecha Kucha sessions (short orals).
- All speakers (excluding moderators) in Academic sessions on 23 and 24 February 2022 (Wednesday and Thursday).
Please refer to the interactive programme for more details. If your talk is selected for pre-recording, you should have received recording reminders from the Ecocity Secretariat on 19 and 26 January 2022. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you cannot locate the emails.
- Format: Your presentation should be prepared in .PPT or .PPTX format.
- Ratio: The aspect ratio of your presentation should be 16:9
- Layout: Please keep the top right and bottom right corner of your slides free from title, text or images (these areas are used as the speaker window and logo display).
- We recommend that you label all slides that include unpublished data with a title: “UNPUBLISHED DATA – DO NOT COPY OR DISTRIBUTE”.
Click HERE for tips and recommendations for preparing your presentation.
- Read the Technical guidelines.
- Book Your Recording Session – Speakers selected for pre-recording have already been contacted by the Ecocity Secretariat. Please refer to your emails to access the Booking System and book your recording prior to the deadline.
- Finalise Your Presentation.
- Attend the Recording Session.
Ahead of the recording session please arrange to have:
- An external, microphone connected to your computer. Alternatively, you can use the internal microphone of your laptop/computer.
- A computer with a functional webcam (the laptop internal webcam will work).
- A quiet and uniform background. Avoid using artificial background features.
- Stable internet connection. We recommend using wired internet if possible. If you use WiFi please make sure that you sit near the WiFi router. 4G cellular internet should not be used.
PUBLICATION CONSENT FORM
In order to allow the recording and subsequent broadcast and distribution of your presentation(s), you are required to sign the Recording and Publication Consent Form, found online in your speaker profile area. Signing this form is MANDATORY for both speakers and moderators who wish to participate and present at the Summit. You should have received emails from the Ecocity Secretariat with access to your profile on 19 and 26 January 2022. Please refer to those or contact us at email@example.com
Please note that your presentation will be accessible from the virtual platform to all participants during the online event and 3 months after the Summit.
TECHNICAL BRIEFING FOR LIVE Q&A
This information is relevant only for speakers in pre-recorded Academic sessions.
Academic sessions on 23 and 24 February 2022 (Wednesday and Thursday) will have a Live Q&A after the recordings. In order to help you with the preparation for the live portion of your session, we will hold technical briefings 1-2 weeks prior to the Summit. You will receive a meeting request in due course with options to join the Live Q&A technical briefing.
JOINING THE LIVE Q&A SESSION
- A few days before the Summit, presenters will receive a link to enter their session for a Live Q&A.
- Please be ready to enter the live link 30 minutes in advance of the official start of the session in order for your internet speed and other technical issues to be checked and resolved by a technician.
- There will be a technician in the virtual room with you to assist and to guide you if you have queries.
- Participants will be able to ask questions to the speakers via chat whilst they view the lectures.
- Once all pre-recorded talks have been played, the moderator and the speakers will go live and discuss the questions from the audience.
Please note that only registered speakers will be part of the programme for the 14th Ecocity World Summit. If you have not registered yet, please refer to our email reminders or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org