Instructions for moderators and speakers in live sessions
THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE RELEVANT FOR:
- All speakers in Plenary sessions.
- All speakers in Academic sessions on 22 February 2022 (Tuesday) who chose to present live.
- Moderators in all sessions throughout the whole Summit.
PRESENTATION GUIDELINES FOR SPEAKERS
- Format: Your presentation should be prepared in .PPT or .PPTX format.
- Ratio: The aspect ratio of your presentation should be 16:9
- Layout: Please keep the top right and bottom right corner of your slides free from title, text or images (these areas are used as the speaker window and logo display).
- We recommend that you label all slides that include unpublished data with a title: “UNPUBLISHED DATA – DO NOT COPY OR DISTRIBUTE”.
Click HERE for tips and recommendations for preparing your presentation.
PUBLICATION CONSENT FORM
In order to allow the recording and subsequent broadcast and distribution of your presentation(s), you are required to sign the Recording and Publication Consent Form, found online in your speaker profile area. Signing this form is MANDATORY for both speakers and moderators who wish to participate and present at the Summit. You should have received emails from the Ecocity Secretariat with access to your profile on 19 and 26 January 2022. Please refer to those or contact us at email@example.com
Please note that your presentation will be accessible from the virtual platform during and 3 months after the Summit, to all participants of the online event.
TECHNICAL BRIEFING FOR LIVE SESSIONS AND LIVE Q&A
In order to help you with the preparation for your fully live session or the Live Q&A portion of your pre-recorded session, we will hold technical briefings 1-2 weeks prior to the Summit. You will receive a meeting request in due course with options to join the technical briefing.
Ahead of the Live session please arrange to have:
- An external, microphone connected to your computer. Alternatively, you can use the internal microphone of your laptop/computer.
- A computer with a functional webcam (the laptop internal webcam will work).
- A quiet and uniform background. Avoid using artificial background features.
- Stable internet connection. We recommend using wired internet if possible. If you use WiFi please make sure that you sit near the WiFi router. 4G cellular internet should not be used.
JOINING A LIVE SESSION OR LIVE Q&A FOR SPEAKERS AND MODERATORS
- A few days before the Summit, presenters and moderators will receive a link to enter their online session.
- Please be ready to enter the live link 30 minutes in advance of the official start of the session in order for your internet speed and other technical issues to be checked and resolved by a technician.
- There will be a technician in the virtual room with you to assist and to guide you if you have queries.
- Participants will be able to ask questions to the speakers via chat whilst they view the lectures.
- At the end of each Plenary and Academic session, there is a Live Q&A portion. The role of the moderator will be to follow the question from the audience via the chat and to discuss them with the speakers during the Live Q&A.
If you have not registered yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org