Abstract Submission is now closed
20 March 2021
Abstract Submission Extended Deadline
Beginning of June 2021
Abstract Submission is now closed!
- Abstract Submission Deadline for all topics: Tuesday, 2 March 2021, midnight CET (23:59).
- Abstract Submission Extended Deadline for all topics: Saturday, 20 March 2021, midnight CET (23:59).
|Abstract Submission Opens||January 2021|
|Abstract Submission Extended Deadline||Saturday, 20 March 2021|
|Abstract Notification*||Beginning of June 2021|
*Note all efforts are made to send notification by the planned date. Should there be any delays with the selection process, revised date will be posted here
Rules For Submission
Please read the submission rules before submitting an abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted online via the website only.
ABSTRACTS SUBMITTED BY EMAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Presentation Type: Abstracts may be submitted for Oral, Student Poster, Academic Poster or Practitioner Poster.
The Scientific Abstracts Committee will determine whether the abstract will be accepted for presentation, with consideration given to the author’s preference.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The same person may submit up to 5 abstracts regardless of presenting author.
- The same person may serve as presenting author on up to 2 abstracts.
- Presenting authors must be registered participants. Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by September 7, 2021 will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official conference publications.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract and agree to its submission, before submitting the abstract.
- Selected papers will be invited to publish in a peer reviewed Open Access journal, such as the SASBE journal, or other peer reviewed publications such as the research & urbanism series of TU Delft.
- Previously Presented/Published Policy: Abstracts that have been previously presented at another meeting may not be submitted.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
All abstracts should be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university specific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest: Abstract submitters will be required to disclose any conflict of interests in the submission form.
- Instructions for preparation of presentations will be made available on the summit’s website.
Guidelines for Submission
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author’s contact details:
– Full first and family name(s)
– Email address
– Affiliation details: department, institution, city, state (if relevant), country
– Phone number
- Author and co-authors’ details
- Preferred Presentation type: Oral, Student Poster, Academic Poster or Practitioner Poster
- Abstract title – must be in UPPER CASE and limited to 25 words. Please submit symbols as words.
- Abstract text – limited to 350 words including acknowledgements.
- Abstract topic select the abstract topic per the list of topics.
- Each paper must provide up to 5 keywords.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears.
- The submission form allows you to store your abstract as a DRAFT until the deadline. After the deadline if not submitted, drafts will be deleted.
- Click on the SUBMIT button at the end of the process in order to submit your abstract. Changes will not be possible to your abstract after it is submitted.
- You will receive an abstract ID number via email after you have submitted your abstract. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Please contact us if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been submitted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
Abstract Submitters' Declaration
During abstract submission you will be asked to confirm that you agree to the following:
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the consent of all authors to publication (e.g. Summit website, programmes, other promotions, etc.)
- The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that no part of the information and content provided by him/her (Hereafter: the “Content“) to Ecocity 2021 and Kenes International (Hereafter: the “Organizers“), nor the publication of any such Content by the Organizers, on the internet or otherwise infringes any third-party rights, including but not limited to privacy rights and/or intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Submitter grants the Organisers a copyright license to reproduce, publish the paper in any publication, including open access ones, translate, distribute, and display the text of the Content on a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive basis.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract. The submitting author may request to be copied on abstract correspondence.
- I understand that the presenting author must be a registered participant.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from publication and/or presentation an abstract which does not comply with the above.
- I understand that I must select a specific Theme and Topic for my abstract allocation. Although the Committee will work hard to honor this selection, this cannot be guaranteed. The Committee reserves the right to change the Theme and Topic under which the abstract was originally submitted.